Breakfast on your private corner balcony
Tranquility offers luxury lodging in Cedar Key Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. We've furnished Tranquility with comfort in mind. Our goal was to make it easy to visit with a minimum of packing. Full linens and the other "necessities" are provided. We usually "eat in", so the kitchen is particularly well-equipped for cooking full dinners. For eclectic ingredients, we definitely recommend stopping at a chain grocery store in Gainesville, Florida on your way to the island. The local Cedar Key Market has a good collection of staples and an amazing collection of sauces, condiments, etc., but shelf space limits the more exotic and ethnic foods.
Cedar Key FL Lodging!
| View Floorplan | View Floorplan PDF | skip the pitch, see list of stuff! | View our Facebook Page
The private balcony (the best feature of Tranquility!) offers a stunning view of the bayou and the Gulf. Enjoy the sunrise every morning. Sip a drink while watching the summer sunsets. Pull-down bamboo shades and a ceiling fan are provided for comfort in the late afternoons. We particularly enjoy eating breakfast and dinner at the high profile table and chairs while we watch the birds on the flats. At high tide, we're often visited by dolphins as they fish along the shore. And the balcony provides a front row seat to watch the fisherpersons, whether the local clammers heading out to check their farms or other guests fishing off the private fishing dock. There's always something to watch from the balcony.
Living Room & Entertainment
Our living room offers a vaulted ceiling, a queen sleeper sofa (that is truly comfortable!), a love seat and wicker chair for relaxing in front of the 27" TV with cable and DVD player. Now (as of 12/10), we provide free Netflix streaming video with over 22,000 movies to play on demand (no commercials!). We also offer free Pandora streaming music - tens of thousands of songs available to play and multimedia channels with radio stations, original TV series, etc. Our small, but eclectic, library of videos is still available and that should please most tastes, young and older. There is also a collection of books, magazines, puzzles, and games for quiet entertainment.
Broadband Internet & Computer
Our Tech Area has a PC connected to the Internet 24/7. Check your email, surf, look up menus, check out the bird identification software. Or bring your laptop, hook it up to the monitor on the desktop and connect with our free DSL access (both wired and WiFi) available for our guests' use! We recently (12/10) upgraded the DSL to 3Mbps service. The Tech Area is outfitted with a desk and cordless telephone, 17" monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, and fax/printer/scanner. The telephone service is Internet-based (VoIP), so we can offer free long distance calling to any number in the U.S. or Canada. (Sorry, no other countries yet) You can easily make sure that the world is humming along happily without you (If you must!). A CD Stereo system with a collection of CDs awaits you. (The collection is varied, but sorry - no hip-hop, we do have Jimmy Buffett to get you in the mood!)
Gourmet Kitchen / Dining
Tranquility's dining room seats 6 comfortably and elegantly. Table service for 8, along with plenty of glassware and serving dishes are provided to serve up your feast in style!
The kitchen is especially well "kitted-out" for the gourment cook. We love to cook and eat in often, so we've tried to provide a well-stocked kitchen. There are plenty of pots and pans, baking pans including muffin and pizza pans, and cookie sheets. A full set of utensils, gadgets, and measuring tools are also waiting for your cooking magic. We've stocked a set of spices for guest use and a very basic pantry for guest use - (we hope that anyone using up the sugar or flour replaces it before they leave.) We installed a new stainless steel quiet dishwasher and range with optional convection oven in December of 2010. Some favorite recipes are included in the condo book and a few cookbooks are on top of the fridge. A coffee maker, blender, toaster oven, George Foreman grill, and microwave complete the kitchen. (Did we say that we like to cook?) And yes, we have a kettle for making tea.
King and Queen Bedrooms
The master bedroom suite offers a king size bed with a Sealy mattress (firm with pillowtop), two nightstands, lamps, dresser and walk-in closet. The master bath is spacious with an over-sized counter, tub and shower. A 22 inch wall-mounted flatscreen TV with DVD player is in the Master. The Queen has a small TV/DVD set. All are cable-enabled.
Full linens are provided - two sets of sheets for each bed, comforters, and many extra pillows and blankets. Towels for 6 guests are provided. Beach towels and kitchen linens are also stored in the linen closet.
The guest bedroom has a queen size bed (Sealy mattress - firm with pillowtop), two nightstands, lamps, dresser, and closet. The guest bedroom has a bath off the hallway. This is also a full bath (complete tub and shower).
The laundry room has a stacked washer and dryer and basic cleaning tools. A secure fishing pole storage rack is on the balcony along with beach toys and a couple of beach chairs in the storage box. A thermostat for setting heat and air-conditioning to your comfort levels is guest-controlled. Ceiling fans are provided in every room.
| Cedar Key Photos! | View Floorplan - PDF | View Siteplan - PDF | Download Free Acrobat Reader |
Tranquility (Unit 9F) Amenities List
- Bar height table and four chairs (you can see over railing!)
- Chest contains beach toys & lounge chairs for use by guests
- Ceiling fan
- Bamboo shades to block morning and afternoon sun
- Table Service for 8
- Coffee mugs, beer mugs, wine glasses, assorted glassware
- Coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster over, full-size microwave, blender
- George Foreman Indoor Grill, Slow cooker
- Electric stove with oven, optional convection oven, refrigerator, dishwasher
- Pots and pans of all sizes, roasting pans, baking pans, pizza pan
- Knife set, steak knives, silver, many utensils
- Measuring cups, spoons, mixing bowls, (yes, we really cook!)
- Towels, pot holders, cloths
- Living/Dining Room
- Sleeper Sofa (Queen size), Love seat, wicker chair
- 27" TV with Cable. On demand free movies and other media via Roku and Netflix.
- 3-CD Stereo with CD collection (sorry - no hip-hop... Jimmy Buffet to get in the mood!)
- Books, magazines, puzzles, cards, games, bird identification book
- Four Wood TV trays
- Dining Room table with 6 chairs
- Computer Area
- Free Bellsouth 3Mbps service - supports both "wired" and "WiFi" connections
- PC connected via DSL for email and surfing (if computing is critical, bring your laptop!)
- Cordless phone with free long distance to US and Canada
- Flatscreen Monitor, keyboard, speakers
- Electrical outlet, phone jack, and DSL hookups conveniently located
- Desk/Counter for two people to work and see the view!
- Master - King Bed (new plush mattress 2009), Guest Bedroom - Queen Bed
- 2 sets of sheets/bed, many extra pillows and blankets
- TV/DVD, Alarm Clock Radio/CD
- Closet, dresser, and two night stands in each bedroom
- Master has en-suite full bath (including tub and shower)
- Guest has full bath (including tub and shower)
- Iron, ironing board in master closet
- Wall mounted hairdryers in each bath
- Bath towel sets for 6 guests
- Beach towels for 4 guests
- Private entrance, private balcony
- Ceiling fans in every room and balcony
- Stacked Washer/Dryer Unit
- Vacuum, mop, bucket, broom, dustpan
- Heat and Air Conditioning, all electric
- Condo Complex Amenities
- Heated Swimming Pool
- Jacuzzi for 4 (6 if you're cozy!)
- Private fishing dock for guests (60 feet out into canal, 45 feet wide)
- Small shallow gulf beach for wading, playing in sand, sunning, canoe/kayak launch
- Boat/trailer parking (first come, first served)
- Charcoal grills and picnic tables (bring your charcoal and lighter!)
(This unit is not handicap accessible)
Are you ready to make reservations to stay in Tranquility?
Fenimore Mill, Beach Front Motel, Canal House, Cedar Inn, Dockside Motel, Gulf Side Motel, Haven Isle, Island Place, Nature's Landing, Osprey Waterfront Villas, Pirates Cove Cottages, Cedar Cove, Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast, Faraway Inn, Harbour Master, Jigger John, Island Hotel, Marina Motel, Old Fenimore Mill, Park Place, Seahorse Landing, Condo, Rentals, Lodging, Hotel, Motel, Inn, Cottage, Vacation, Home, Lease,