Kayaking in Cedar Key
Kayak Cedar Keys...
Kayaking the "Cedar Keys" and Suwannee Sound offers the naturalist a cornucopia of beautiful reefs, sandbars, and keys to explore. The shallow waters of the Lower Suwannee National Wildlife Refuge are beautiful with abundant bird life, dolphins, and of course enough fish to make Cedar Key a sea kayaker's dream! Canoes, pirogues, and kayaks are familiar sights as you wander the island. We recommend that your bring your own kayak or canoe for an optimal experience! The nice sandy beach at our vacation rental condo Tranquility is a perfect spot for you to launch and we have kayak/canoe racks for storing your canoe or kayak while you stay with us.
For professionally guided kayak tours - checkout Brack Barker at Wild Florida for Nature Coast Tours including Shell Mound, Cedar Key-Atsena Otie Key, and Sunset Tours. Or contact Adventure Outpost for kayak rentals and Cedar Key Kayak tours.
Cedar Key Kayak Rental Providers
Great photos and good information!
Cedar Key to Snake Key
Great photos of Atsena Otie, Snake Key, Atsena Otie Dock...
Nature Coast Rail-Trail, Fanning Springs, Kayaking Cedar Key
A great trip report - a bike trip and then paddling trips in Cedar Key: Shell Mound, Pine Island and Deer Island.
Paddling Off Shell Mound in Cedar Key
This is a sea kayakers playground, a shallow ocean area often only inches deep over hidden oyster bars, cosseted among barrier islands and thick with wildlife...
Atsena Otie Paddling: November 2003
Three paddles in 2003 Thanksgiving to Atsena Otie and the Cedar Keys.
Cedar Key Kayak Paddling Trips
- Paddling Cedar Key
- Yackman.com has a great article on paddling the Cedar Key area with several trips described: to Town of Suwannee to Cat Island, Shell Mound to Deer Island, and Purvis Landing to Manatee Springs.
- Guided Lodge Based Cedar Key Kayak Trips
- Adirondack Exposure offers lodge based Cedar Key Kayak trips several times a year. You can check out their trips on their website. They also maintain a Facebook page with more information.
- Wild Florida Adventures offers Cedar Key Paddling
- Check out Wild-Florida for paddling opportunities in Cedar Key and the surrounding area. They are open year round by appointment and have special tours available. Contact Brack Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-945-3928/352-528-3984 and leave a message and phone number.
- Cedar Key to Atsena Otie Island, Cedar Key Florida
- Al Vazquez of KayakGuide.com has published two great paddling pages: Atsena Otie Kayak Route and Trip Report and
Cedar Key to Snake Key, Florida USA.
- Peggy's "Kayak Paddle Tales"
- Peggy's kayaking trips are great stories unto themselves, combine that with her fabulous photos and well, you be the judge if this doesn't just make you want to come visit us and paddle Cedar Key!
- Pink Birds in Cedar Key
- Paddlin' with the Pelicans at Cedar Key
Cedar Keys Kayaking Resources
- Cedar Key Kayak Information
- Kayak Cedar Key!
- More links about kayaking in Cedar Key including maps, links to fishing resources, and trip reports.
- Paddling Cedar Key and the Big Bend
- VisitFlorida has some information about kayaking in Cedar Key and along Florida's Big Bend.
- Cedar Key Kayak Tour Operators
- Cedar Key Guided Kayak Trip by Adirondack Exposure
These folks have a good reputation and offer a variety of kayaking tours in Cedar Key and Florida's Big Bend.
- Wild Florida Adventures
Wild Florida offers tours of the Lower Suwannee and Cedar Keys National Wildlife Refuges (NWRs) including the Shell Mound Tour, Atsena Otie, and a Sunset/Moonrise Tour.
Cedar Key and Local Area "Yakking Events"
- Kayaking and Outdoor Tours Calendar
- Looking for area kayaking events? Don't look further - here's a great calendar of paddling events!
- Manatee Springs State Park Events
- Experience a moonlit paddle on the Suwannee River at Manatee Springs in your kayak or rent one at the park for $15 (call and reserve in advance!) Paddle the Suwannee River at Manatee Springs.
See the Cedar Key boating page and Cedar Key Fishing Page for more links!
| favorites | daytrips | town | birding | boating | fishing | dining | weather |